The Create Commons Manifesto
The manifesto is being translated from Swedish to English as we speak. Until then:
The whole manifesto summarized in less than 140 characters per chapter:
- No progressive movements has so far been able to put forward strong alternatives when the old economy is in crisis.
- The establishment’s solution – the work strategy – is both inhuman and economically counter-productive.
- In the commons, both production and consumption are free and voluntary. This new economy is both freer and more productive than capitalism.
- The commons start by making capitalism retreat gradually in many areas. In a new crisis, the commons stand ready to replace the old models.
- The commons are on their way to becoming a new global movement and an alternative economy where the power is with the people on the street.
- We predict a revolution in slow-motion, where the commons grow exponentially – and take over!